Prime Minister Narendra Modi, addressing the country tonight, announced that Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes will not be used from midnight onwards. The Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes must be deposited at post offices and banks by the end of December, the PM said, adding the move was essential to fight "the disease of black money."
- can you exchange currency at a bank Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes
- where can i exchange currency for free Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes
- where can i exchange foreign currency for free Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes
- best place to exchange foreign currency Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes
- banks that exchange foreign currency for free Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes
- chase currency exchange Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes
- should i exchange currency before i travel Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes
- local currency exchange Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes
Some important decisions and some serious issues to share.
When you elected this government in 2014, world was talking about India being shaky economically. But India is now an economic star - this is what IMF and World Bank are saying.
Our measures to check black money are paying off. A voluntary disclosure scheme for undeclared money saw a good response. A Special Investigating Team is making progress to identify who has sent money abroad.
1.25 lakh crores of black money has been recovered.
We need to take a new solid step to fight black money. From now on, R
- 500 and R
- 1000 notes will not be used. Have 50 days to turn them into banks and post offices.
Respite for people for the initial 72 hours, government hospitals will accept old R
- 500 and 1000 notes till 11 November midnight.
Crematoriums and cemeteries will also be allowed to transact 500 and 1000 notes till November 11.
There will be no change in any other form of currency exchange be it cheque, DD, payment via credit or debit cards etc.
Those unable to deposit R
Notes of Rs. 2000 and Rs. 500 will be circulated soon, RBI has decided to limit the notes with higher value
- 1000, R
- 500 notes by December 30 for some reason, can change them till March 31, 2017 by furnishing ID proof